Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Our teams currently play in the largest league in Central Ohio (Central Ohio Premier League/Ohio Champions League) that includes all of the largest and most successful clubs in the area.
2. Our COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
3. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Clubs may now conduct very limited in-person player evaluations. New players ONLY will be given the opportunity (via an invitation from DUSC) to attend an evaluation on Tuesday, May 26th or Wednesday, May 27th. We will still be placing players registered by May 26th (current DUSC players and current recreational players) or by May 29th (any player currently playing with another club). These dates have been set by State Ruling Bodies and Local Leagues.
4. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
5. Our fees extremely reasonable AND INCLUDE the cost of the complete uniform kit, Indoor training, professionally-led foot skills training and goalkeeper training. Our fees are $425 for players on U-08/U-09 teams and $545 for players on U-10 and up teams. Teams can play up to 10-12 games each season while playing virtually all games in Dublin or within a 20-30 minute drive.
6. If a coach has a full roster, one player or anything in between, we will assist that coach in "building" or confirming a roster for the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 season.
Spring 2020 Credits/Refunds Deadline is 6-1-20 at Midnight +++
Here are several critical updates on the Spring 2020 Refund or Credit process:
1. The deadline to request a credit or refund check is MONDAY, June 1st at Midnight.
2. IF you have already completed a form, no need to complete the form, again.
3. We would like to thank the many parents who have elected to donate all or part of their refund to assist other Dublin United going forward. We will be sending an email with a letter confirming the donation for tax purposes.
4. We are issuing checks in the order requests were received. We anticipate all checks will be in the mail by June 6th.
5. For those who requested a check even though the player is returning, we will be isssuing the check as indicated above, but we will also be removing the credit since we are issuing a check for those players.
Before registering a player for recreational soccer or registering for a high-cost club ($650+), consider a "Stepping Stone" Experience!
Do you know a U-07/U-08 player who has had success at the recreational level, but the parents (or you) are hesitant to move the player (or team) up to the Club level due to cost and time commitment? Dublin United is pleased to be able to offer our U-08 "Light" Program. Far Less Cost than ANY Club Program around and not a lot more than recreational programs! Many of the benefits of Dublin United -- just less commitment.
Cost: $275 INCLUDING Uniform (different kit from our DUSC Program)
Games: 8-10 each season
Tournaments: League Tournaments at the end of each season
Option: Play in DU Champions Cup
Kickoff Event: Monday and Wednesday only for one hour
Foot Skills: (Up to 14 during the two seasons) Included like the rest of the organization
Indoor: Last two weeks included before outdoor
Interested in registering? Click on Register Now Button on the DU Home Page
Interested in coaching/help coach: Reach out to Ken (614-402-9916 or 614-515-9300).
NOTE: If coaches need it, it will be like "Coaching with Training Wheels"
Fall 2020 Registrations Ahead of Last Year, BUT, Time is Short
DUSC Parents and Coaches,
The DUSC Board wishes all parents, players and coaches a safe and enjoyable Memorial Weekend!
Our registrations continue to run well ahead of last May, but, the time to register is getting short. Keep in mind, we can and will begin making formal offers on TUESDAY, May 26th at 8:00AM for all returning DUSC players and new players from recreational programs. It is highly recommended that all players expecting to return get registered by no later than SUNDAY, May 24th. This will assist in the assembly of rosters in advance of the May 26th announcements.
Keep in mind, we cannot formally offer positions to players who participated on competing club teams until Friday, May 29th. At the same time, our organization does not cut players, however, we may have to "waitlist" players who fail to register by the deadline.
We are conducting another DUSC Informational Session today at 10:00AM. Please register (link is in the green ribbon on the left side of our home page).
The most common question I get at this time of year is, "My child's coach is not returning to DUSC, what do we do?"
The answer will vary somewhat by team/age group, BUT, the short answer is, register for the upcoming season. If your child would like to stay with the players on this current team, add all of those names to the "requested friend" field and select his current team as the preferred team. In many cases, we can merge teams/players together (for example, in the case of U-10 boys we have FIVE teams! While some teams are returning intact with one or two more players, several may end up combining.), we can move players around as needed. Each year, we have several players playing "age up/grade even" on our teams. Simply because there "appears" to only be one or two teams in a particular age group, there very well may be players in the age group above or the age group below who would be "good fits" to move to a different team.
If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to text (614-515-9300) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (number above).
P.S. We are getting CLOSER to getting on the field! DUSC hopes to be able to offer a Summer Program if there is sufficient interest AND we are permitted to do so.