What is Dublin United SC?
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers soccer for the many kids who want more than recreational soccer and less than the top-tier select programs. Since we started in 2005, our clubs has included thousands of kids and families and hundreds of teams.
Who can join?
Boys and girls U-7 to U-16. We also have a partnership with Worthington United, Elite FC along with Club Ohio and OP for high school aged players.
We want each child to enjoy playing and learning soccer that they want to come back the next season. It's not about wins and losses. It's about having fun, building sportsmanship and friendships, growing athletically, and developing confidence in themselves.
Dublin United soccer is a child's game. The more each player plays the game, the better each player will become. That's why Dublin United encourages coaches and parents to give the game to the children and let them play. Our club philosophy is based on the Double-Goal Coach by Jim Thompson, the founder of the Positive Coaching Alliance, published by Quill in 2003. We believe the Double-Goal coach can have a positive lifelong impact on young athletes and build winners in sports and in life. The Double-Goal coach wants to win, but even more importantly, is committed to using sports to teach positive character traits and life lessons to young athletes.
Who is part of the Dublin United Soccer Club?
It starts with the children who want to improve their soccer skills and have fun doing it. The club is also the parents and families who support and encourage the players. It is the parent-coaches who help train and develop skills and sportsmanship.
How is DUSC more than DSL?
• 10-12 games in the Fall and Spring
• More training (1-3 week)
• Licensed parent-coaches
• Certified referees for every match
• Club uniforms (2 jerseys, shorts, 2 pairs of socks, 2 practice T-shirts)
• Week-long pre-season kickoff event/team camp
• Post-season league tournaments in the Fall and Spring
• Up to 2 more tournaments for each team
• Winter indoor training at no extra cost
• Most games are in Dublin, Worthington, Westerville, Powell, Upper Arlington, and Grandview.
How does DUSC compare with other middle-tier programs?
• More games—because we know the kids like to play!
• More tournaments—up to 4 total during the Fall and spring
• More indoor training—up to 5 sessions
• More experience—providing great competition and experience for 1000s of kids and families since 2005
• More value—DUSC kept its price the same the past 3 years in a row
• Less driving for league games
How does DUSC compare with select clubs?
• Far less cost (up to 75% less)
• Less time commitment
• No tournaments outside of Ohio
• No tryouts (player evaluations offered)
• Less travel distance (games played in Dublin and surrounding communities)
• Less travel costs
DUSC teams play:
• Primarily in the Central Ohio Premier League/Ohio Champions League, which includes teams from Powell, Worthington, Westerville, Hilliard, Marysville, and other nearby communities
• in the Mid-Ohio Select Soccer League (MOSSL)
• in the Buckeye Premier Youth Soccer League (BPYSL) when competition warrants at U-9 to U-15+
The teams are coached by parents and others who have earned or will earn their coaching licenses—they put together a team and lead it in Dublin United. We ask that they adhere to the Double Goal coaching principle
. DUSC coaches are often some of the more experienced and knowledgeable coaches from the DSL recreation program. In addition, each player is eligible to participate in over 20 professionally-directed outdoor training sessions and five or six additional professionally-directed indoor training sessions.
How are teams formed? The Dublin United Soccer Club forms the teams with input from the coaches and parents. You can indicate which team or coach you would like to be assigned to, and this will be taken into consideration. Player evaluations are held that ensure that each player is placed on the team that is the best fit for that player from both a skills perspective AND a friend perspective.
How many games and practices will they have? We recommend three to four "contacts" (games or practices) each week. Usually, each team plays 10 - 12 regular season games (U-08 and U-09 teams typically play 10 regular season games each season), plus the league tournament each fall and spring. In addition, each team can play in 2 other tournaments (1 tournament for U-08 and U-09 teams) --including the Dublin United Champions Cup.
How much does the program cost? For 2020-21 for U-10 and up, it is $545 (* price may be higher for some teams desiring to have additional professional training) for the entire year (Fall and Spring seasons). For 2020-21 for U-08 and U-09, it is $425. For 2020-21 for U-07/U-08 Lite Program, it is $275. This included uniforms (2 moisture-wicking jerseys, shorts, 2 pairs of socks), practice shirts, all games (referee fees), tournaments, professional training, team supplies, and the four-day Kickoff Event in early August. Note: The Lite Program Uniform Kit and other options reflect a slightly lower commitment than noted here.
What's the best choice for my child? We hope the comparison above helps. Ultimately, it's up to each parent. It may be helpful to talk to other parents or contact us for information.
Please note that the information provided regarding club soccer is an example of a typical club environment. Dublin residents may elect to play club soccer in Dublin or in any surrounding community. Therefore, the information does not actually represent any actual club, but rather illustrates the differences between the different environments.
For more information, you can email
or call Ken McMahon at 614-515-9300.