Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Individual Training Update -- Pizza Party for Three Teams
Parents and Coaches,
Thanks to the coaches and Kevin McMahon in particular, all players should have received an invitation to join Techne Futbol our new online training program.
Contest: First THREE teams with all players registered will be provided a free pizza party (with social distancing rules, of course) when we get back to something close to normal.
We have a number of teams VERY close to getting there, already!
We have several players who have already logged over THREE HOURS of personal training this past week.
More soon. Keep the players doing things away from others. The sooner we slow down COVID-19, the sooner life returns to some kind of normal. Be safe.
Many Banks/Financial Institutions Offering Waivers
Many financial institutions are offering a 90 or 120 day deferral of monthly mortgage/car payments. In the event that your family is affected by COVID-19, don't be afraid to reach out to your financial institutions. Certainly, NO GUARANTEES, but I am seeing many financial institutions are offering assistance.
Many of our players are already utilizing the Techne Futbol program and our own Fitness program. Everyone stay safe!
We are in the process of getting the coaches onboard for the Techne Futbol Training Program. The coaches are then adding each of the players to the program. Kevin is working with coaches now working to get this done.
As soon as the Governor announced the temporary shutdown of our schools, I turned to my son Kevin seeking a solution to our players not being able to practice as a team. Kevin evaluated creating his own training program as a couple other Clubs are doing. He also evaluated a number of other existing programs. He and I decided over the weekend that the best solution is one that is now being utilized by OP, Sporting Columbus, Barcelona United, Elite FC and other area clubs. The program is called Techne Futbol. This program can be used in the short term to provide activities for our players. In the long term, it can be used as a link between training/practice, foot skills sessions and games for individuals desiring to do “soccer homework” during the season and the off-season.
This program is designed to be driven at the team/coach level. As such, all coaches will be receiving an e-mail today with instructions on how to join. Hopefully, by no later than Thursday or Friday, you will be receiving an email invitation to join Techne Futbol, then you can access the app via the app store and start training! If you do not see the email, please be sure to check your spam folder for the e-mail your coach currently uses to communicate events to you.
We are hoping that players will be working out for a minimum of 15 minutes per day of individual training using the Techne app. There are weekly sessions, time trial drills, and players can compete with their teammates to climb to the top of the leaderboard each week.
In addition to the Techne Futbol program, Kevin will be developing some specific conditioning, speed and agility training activities designed to get the players physically ready to participate in team soccer activities as soon as the COVID19 environment AND THE WEATHER in Central Ohio allows us to do so.
We are committed to our players' development on and off the field and are very excited to be offering this resource! If you have any trouble accessing your account, please contact email@example.com.
Please go follow our Instagram Account to stay up to date with speed and agility drills from Kevin McMahon. There will also be a chance for player testimonial on our page and the techne football page.