Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Do NOT Park in Private Businesses Across From Park
You run a HIGH RISK of getting towed if you park anywhere other than in the Complex. Last Spring MULTIPLE CARS were towed from these businesses. Park only in the park or run the risk of spending a couple hundred dollars retrieving your car.
Do NOT make a U-Turn on Scioto Darby or try to turn around near the park. On Saturday, please use the NW Bible Church that is 3/10ths of a mile past the park (about 2 minutes turn around time). We will have another option for Sunday.
This has been broadcast to coaches, but in the event it hasn't gotten to you, there is NO LEFT TURN into the Hilliard Soccer Complex, this weekend. If coming down Cosgray, after making the right turn onto Scioto Darby Road, proceed PAST the park, PAST the light (at Alton Darby) and make a LEFT turn into the NW Bible Church (1/10th of a mile past the light). You can loop through the church parking lot and turn RIGHT to go back to the park. Please leave extra time getting into and out of the parking lot. Thanks.