Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Avery Practice Reservation System Form
This form is ONLY to be completed by Coaches/Team Admins, however, given the tight timeframe (TOMORROW by 4:00PM), I am broadcasting to all in the hopes you can communicate to your head coach!
Update on Player Carding -- Information on Picture Uploads
Parents and Coaches,
We are working through some challenges with the new US Club Player Registration System.
If you have completed the form on the COPL-OCL Player Registration Portal, please wait for the e-mail from Sports Engine indicating that you are missing a Proof of Birth. We just received some assistance in getting around an issue with player rostering. We are in the process of purchasing a number of "memberships" for those players who missed the first wave of players (any form completed after August 5th).
Please do not try to upload a birth certificate three, four or five times. If it did not work the first time, either
A. You are doing something incorrectly
B. The USClub System is not ready to receive your Proof of Birth (POB)
C. There is a glitch in the system, somewhere.
In the case of A, if you try a second time and NOTICE there is something different, continue. If you feel you are 100% repeating yourself, there is likely an issue, somewhere.
In the case of B, please be patient, your child is NOT missing anything (REMEMBER, I run the league -- If I KNOW that there is an issue, we will NOT have players MISS games!).
In the case of C, it could be a timing thing (for whatever reason, when the system is stressed -- 5PM - 9PM EDT -- it tends to have issues or it could be that there is something going on behind the scenes.
The system has a series of steps that need to be completed in order. We have carded well over 300 players already -- we know the system works when the process is followed (and there is not a challenge with the above).
The first goal is to request "memberships" for 100% of our players by EOD Thursday, August 15th. The next goal is to have most player/coach passes back by Sunday, August 25th. Keep in mind, many of our teams are not playing a game until near the end of August.
We cannot respond to every text message, e-mail, phone call, and voice mail message asking about the "status" of a particular player. We really need to focus on getting the player passes requested and on getting game referees assigned.
The Goalkeeper sessions will mainly be on Sundays with two Mondays. The U-11 and up players will participate in the first hour and the U-08 to U-10 players will participate in the second hour. As indicated yesterday, here are the dates/times/locations:
Monday, Aug. 12th, 6 pm to 8 pm @Coffman Park Extension
Sunday, Aug 18th, 6 pm to 8 pm @Dublin Scioto HS
Sunday, Aug 25th, 6pm to 8 pm @Dublin Scioto HS
Monday, Sept. 2nd, 6 pm to 8 pm @Coffman Park Extension
I have already received numerous inquiries about player status, etc.
The complete set of steps was included in the first e-mail this morning. ALL STEPS must be completed in order. Therefore,...
If you have only registered on dublinunited.org, you still need to go through this entire process (starting by clicking on the link).
If you have not received an e-mail asking for the player's POB and picture, the player did not make the intiial request we made earlier in the week OR the e-mail you entered was in error. You WILL eventually receive the e-mail 24-48 hours AFTER we request player membership (we are batching these twice each week at this time).
If the information has beeen successfully uploaded and there are no outstanding issues when you view the record, then it is likely that the player information is being validated by USClub Soccer. This process is currently taking up to seven days (keep in mind, 80+% of ALL Competitive Soccer Players in the US are registering THIS MONTH!).
If you are having an issue in which have received the e-mail requesting additional documentation and you are getting errors upon submission, there is an issue that must be investigated by SportsEngine. An e-mail with subjeect line: PLAYER CARDING ISSUE needs to be sent to OCL.Documentation@gmail.com including player first name, player last name, DOB, player team and the issue (screen shots are helpful).
If you have uploaded the information once, uploading the information, again, will not make the process go any faster or any more accurately. If you have not received the e-mail requesting missing information, the system will disgard the documents as the system does not know what to do with them at this point.
If you are not sure if you have uploaded the information, you can follow the link to determine the answer.
If you registered for the wrong team, we can fix that prior to pass request.
Update on Carding Information -- Major Clarifcation
Keep in mind player carding is a multi-step process:
1. The parent enters the initial data.
2. COPL/OCL formally attaches that player to a team,
3. COPL/OCL requests player membership (i.e. pay for a player pass)
4. The parent receives an e-mail welcoming them to SportsEngine
5. About 24-48 hours AFTER #3 is completed, an e-mail is generated to the parent indicating that two documents are needed
6. The parent uploads the documents
7. USClub verifies the POB and issues the pass
8. COPL/OCL is notified that the pass is ready
9. COPL/OCL prepares player passes
10. COPL/OCL notifies the team that passes are complete
NOTE: Due to the migration of our coaching data from last year (A staff pass is good for two years), the carding system will be UNAVAILABLE from this coming Friday through the following Wednesday morning. If your team is playing in a tournament or league game prior to August 25th, the player/coach passes MUST be requested by this Friday (by Monday if they are playing on August 17th).
First Round of Player Carding Taking Place Late Tonight
We now have about 75% of the Dublin United players registered in our player portal. Therefore, we will be making our first round of player card requests late this evening. If you have already completed the form on the link below, you are fine. If not, please complete the form as soon as possible. Here is the link:
About 24 hours after our player card requests are made, each parent will be receiving an e-mail indicating that they need to upload the Proof of Birth and a player picture. NOTE: You will NOT receive this e-mail until 24 hourse after the player passes are requested.
If you have not gone to the link yet, please do so as soon as you can.
Coaches and Admins,
ALL coaches AND admins will need to complete the three items necessary in order to be an active coach or admin this seasonal year. We will be sending a note to the head coaches who can distribute to their assistant coaches and admins.