Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Limited Openings for Spring 2020 Season
Several Dublin United Soccer Club teams have limited openings for the Spring 2020 Season. If you know of someone who may be interested, please have them register (www.dublinunited.org and click on REGISTER NOW in the upper right portion of the home screen).
Additional Training Available for the Rest of the Winter
As previously announced, players are able to register for an alternate time slot from their normal slot due to conflicts. In addition, if players wish to attend a second session during the weekend, that is permissible as well. Finally, we are going to be offering GK sessions during each session during the weekend. If a player would like to attend one session as a foot skills player and one as a GK, that is completely acceptable.
There is just ONE catch! We really need anyone who will be attending a different session or additional session to PRE-REGISTER by completing an additional form OR by completing information in the last question on the form about attending an alternate time. We need to make sure that we keep our good player/coach ratios! Thank you for your cooperation!