Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Uniform Issues Process
Coaches have been sent a DUSC Uniform Issues Form. This form is to be completed ONCE for each TEAM. If you have issues with a practice jersey, game jersey, game shorts, or socks, get that information (and the defective apparel, if applicable) to your coach/admin.
Some items were not available when the uniforms were initially distributed -- including neon socks for several of our teams.
1. If you have received a pair of shorts that do not fit, we can likely switch them out (if you keep the tags on them, we can swap them out).
2. If you have received a jersey that is the improper size, WE will replace it IF the size on the DUSC site is different than you received). YOU can replace a jersey IF the correct size was ordered, but you need a different size. IF you keep the tags on the uniform you are returning, we can give you a partial credit (even if the error was not our fault).
3. If there is a defect in the jersey/shorts (logo peeling, etc.), please get that information back to us as soon as you can. The supplier is typically very willing to work with us for product defects or when the error is there error).
4. While we have distributed nearly all of our practice jerseys since we are likely to make a change for next year, we can get additional practice jerseys. Practice jerseys can take up to two weeks to get in and printed.
Keep in mind that 90+% of all U-15 and under club players will be receiving their uniforms between August 1st and September 10th. This is a crazy-busy time for all suppliers as they frantically attempt to deliver all of this apparel in this short period of time. We get a much better response from our suppliers when we bundle our issues together as it is much more efficient for them to create 10 of our uniforms back-to-back rather than screening one for Dublin United and then one for another club and so on.
There have been years when some large clubs have not received their uniforms until well into September! This is why we have always used Adidas as our uniform supplier. We have always received our shipments during August as we have this year.
That said, a 99% accuracy rate results in ONE issue for EVERY team! We will attempt to addresss these issues as soon as we can. However, there will be times when adidas will run out of jerseys/shorts of a particular size. Once again, we will attempt to address these issues as efficiently and quickly as we can.
Update on Player Carding -- Information on Picture Uploads
Parents and Coaches,
We are working through some challenges with the new US Club Player Registration System.
If you have completed the form on the COPL-OCL Player Registration Portal, please wait for the e-mail from Sports Engine indicating that you are missing a Proof of Birth. We just received some assistance in getting around an issue with player rostering. We are in the process of purchasing a number of "memberships" for those players who missed the first wave of players (any form completed after August 5th).
Please do not try to upload a birth certificate three, four or five times. If it did not work the first time, either
A. You are doing something incorrectly
B. The USClub System is not ready to receive your Proof of Birth (POB)
C. There is a glitch in the system, somewhere.
In the case of A, if you try a second time and NOTICE there is something different, continue. If you feel you are 100% repeating yourself, there is likely an issue, somewhere.
In the case of B, please be patient, your child is NOT missing anything (REMEMBER, I run the league -- If I KNOW that there is an issue, we will NOT have players MISS games!).
In the case of C, it could be a timing thing (for whatever reason, when the system is stressed -- 5PM - 9PM EDT -- it tends to have issues or it could be that there is something going on behind the scenes.
The system has a series of steps that need to be completed in order. We have carded well over 300 players already -- we know the system works when the process is followed (and there is not a challenge with the above).
The first goal is to request "memberships" for 100% of our players by EOD Thursday, August 15th. The next goal is to have most player/coach passes back by Sunday, August 25th. Keep in mind, many of our teams are not playing a game until near the end of August.
We cannot respond to every text message, e-mail, phone call, and voice mail message asking about the "status" of a particular player. We really need to focus on getting the player passes requested and on getting game referees assigned.
The Goalkeeper sessions will mainly be on Sundays with two Mondays. The U-11 and up players will participate in the first hour and the U-08 to U-10 players will participate in the second hour. As indicated yesterday, here are the dates/times/locations:
Monday, Aug. 12th, 6 pm to 8 pm @Coffman Park Extension
Sunday, Aug 18th, 6 pm to 8 pm @Dublin Scioto HS
Sunday, Aug 25th, 6pm to 8 pm @Dublin Scioto HS
Monday, Sept. 2nd, 6 pm to 8 pm @Coffman Park Extension